Addingham’s Natural Environment
Planning and Land Management
Seek to prevent building on land of high ecological and cultural value
Assess environmental impacts of building on land proposed for development
Ensure new building aspires to the highest design standards with respect to its environmental impact
Encourage owners of existing residential and commercial buildings to adopt energy efficiency and other green measures.
Land management and biodiversity
• Protect and enhance semi-natural ecosystems in the village;
• Protect and enhance populations of plants and animals in the village;
• Eliminate invasive non-natives plant and animal species;
• Promote sustainable land management of farmed land;
• Encourage wildlife friendly management of publicly owned open spaces.